The Peer Research Advisors in Collins Library are:
- Student library staff members, hired through a competitive process, who are specially trained to provide research help for other students.
- Experienced researchers who wants to help others.
- A great first stop especially for first-year students getting started with research projects.
A Peer Research Advisor can:
- Help you turn a topic into a question as well as get you started on finding evidence to help you create a persuasive response to that question.
- Work with you to identify relevant databases to locate the information you need.
- Offer guidance on evaluating the sources you do find.
- Help out with citation issues.
- Provide an empathetic ear when you get stuck on a research problem and work with you to generate possible solutions.
Want to learn more about the Peer Research Advisors?