Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This guide is intended to serve as a resource for students in Music 322: Dance in World Cultures as they complete their final project.
The final assignment in our course is meant to empower you to design a project of your own, related to our course. Both the topic and design of the project are at your own discretion.
In the case of all project designs, you should be prepared to write at least 1200 words of prose (approximately 4 pages; double-spaced).
- A reflection paper on a particular topic; such as dance/movement or experiencing dance and movement during the COVID-19 pandemic, US election year, #blacklivesmatter movement, or your own reflection on the course or one of its topics, among others.
- A creative piece (poem, visual art, music, dance, or other piece) with accompanying prose. In the case of a dance performance, this could be the performance of a piece, or an original choreography. The accompanying prose would be a statement that explains the logic of your piece, as it pertains to our course.
- An analysis of a piece of multimedia (perhaps a livestreamed concert, podcast episode, or visual art).
- An analysis of a (or a few) popular articles. Academic articles or book chapters are great too.
- An annotated bibliography on a particular topic.
- Many, many other formats.
Liaison Librarian Information