Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Chicago Manual of Style
Basic Elements for Citing Archival Materials in the Chicago Style:
- Author's Name, ex. Ostransky, Leroy
- Title of the Work, ex. Letter to Darling
- Date, ex. May 1, no year given.
- Publication information, if published
- Collection Name, ex. Leroy Ostransky papers
- Box and Folder, ex. Box 8, Folder 1
- Repository, ex. University of Puget Sound Archives & Special Collections. Tacoma, Washington.
Citation for a letter:
Leroy Ostransky letter to Darling, May 1, n.d. Leroy Ostansky papers, MSS022. Box 8, Folder 1. University of Puget Sound Archives & Special Collections. Tacoma, Washington.