Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding news by topic
All news articles are indexed to highlight major topics, so using the index to research a specific topic is a good idea. This strategy will help you use the index to narrow down your results list to only those articles that are most relevant to your search. Start on the Advanced Options section of the main page.
- Click the Advanced Options Section
- Click on the Look Up Index Terms link. A new window will pop up
- Type a word that relates to your search. In the image above, the word "Baseball" is used. Click the red Find button
- In this example, "Baseball" refers to a subject, so scroll to the bottom of the list for subject results. Click the appropriate box for "Baseball"
- Click the red OK-Add to Search button to include this index term
- Click Apply
- Click Search
Using LexisNexis Index Tutorial