Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Some Advice from Your Friends in the Library
- Start Early! Work on your projects consistently each and every week, so that materials have time to arrive from other libraries and we can answer your questions when you still have sufficient time to thoughtfully revise your work.
- Seek out a variety of sources: books, essays in books, journal articles.
- Use a variety of search tools: Primo, multiple databases, sometimes even Google Scholar.
- Keep careful notes on all of your sources. If an online knowledge management tool like Zotero or RefWorks is not for you, make sure that any system that you do use is thorough.
- Contact a librarian whenever questions arise. Quick questions can be answered via email; more in-depth questions can be handled best with an appointment.
Hamilton on Disney+
Watch the filmed version of the original Broadway production of Hamilton, streaming on Disney+ (requires an individual subscription).
Hamilton's America on PBS
This documentary covers the two years leading up to the Broadway opening of the musical Hamilton. Includes interviews with experts and prominent personalities, new footage of the production in New York, and cast-led expeditions to DC, Philadelphia and New York. The documentary aired on PBS on October 21, 2016 and is available to stream for a limited time online or via the PBS app.
Start Your Research at the Library!
Use this guide to get started with your research for
ENGL 234: Early American Literature and Culture!
Lin-Manuel Miranda, center, performs in the musical "Hamilton" at The Public Theater in New York.
(Joan Marcus/The Public Theater via AP)
Hamilton: An American Musical by
Call Number: CD 8878
Publication Date: 2015
The original Broadway cast recording of "Hamilton," the acclaimed hip-hop musical about the scrappy young immigrant Alexander Hamilton.
Hamilton: The Revolution by
Call Number: ML50.M6733 H36 2016 Print Books
Publication Date: 2016
Includes the full libretto and photographs from the musical, as well as an account of the creation of the musical, from the composition of the first song of the show in 2009 to the opening night in 2015.
Alexander Hamilton by
Call Number: E302.6.H2 C48 2005 Print Books
Publication Date: 2005
The inspiration for the hit Broadway musical Hamilton! Ron Chernow presents a landmark biography of Alexander Hamilton, the Founding Father who galvanized, inspired, scandalized, and shaped the newborn nation.