Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Work with a Peer Research Advisor!
Hannah Bahls and Maya Horten are your Peer Research Advisors for 2021-22!
Beginning on September 12, Hannah and Maya will be available in Library 146 as follows:
Sundays: 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Mondays: 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Tuesdays: 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Wednesdays: 6:00pm to 8:00pm
The Peer Research Advising Program
The Peer Research Advisors in Collins Library:
- Are current University of Puget Sound students, hired through an intensive process, who provide research assistance to other students in a supportive, peer environment.
- Are experienced student researchers who are extensively trained in a broad range of research tools and strategies across the disciplines.
- Work closely with the liaison librarians to support student research in the first-year seminars (SSIs) and other introductory-level courses.
A Peer Research Advisor can:
- Help you turn a topic into a question as well as get you started on finding evidence (and counter-evidence!) to help you create a persuasive response to that question.
- Work with you to identify relevant databases to locate the information you need.
- Offer guidance on evaluating the sources you do find.
- Help out with citation issues.
- Provide an empathetic ear when you get stuck on a research problem and work with you to generate possible solutions.