Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Work with a Peer Research Advisor!
Virtual Drop-in Hours
(Spring Semester hours begin on Sunday, January 24)
Sunday through Wednesday: 6:30 to 8:30 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time)
We use Google Meet:
Allie and Hannah are also available for individual appointments, beginning the week of January 25. Go to our Schedule a Research Appointment page, click the request button, and select either Hannah or Allie from the drop-down menu to see what appointment times they have available.
The Peer Research Advising Program
The Peer Research Advisors in Collins Library:
- Are current University of Puget Sound students, hired through a competitive process, who provide research assistance to other students in a supportive, peer environment.
- Are experienced student researchers who are extensively trained in a broad range of research tools and strategies across the disciplines.
- Work closely with the liaison librarians to support student research in the first-year seminars (SSIs) and other introductory-level courses.
A Peer Research Advisor can:
- Help you turn a topic into a question as well as get you started on finding evidence (and counter-evidence!) to help you create a persuasive response to that question.
- Work with you to identify relevant databases to locate the information you need.
- Offer guidance on evaluating the sources you do find.
- Help out with citation issues.
- Provide an empathetic ear when you get stuck on a research problem and work with you to generate possible solutions.
I am Allie! I use she/her pronouns and I am a junior. I am double majoring in SoAn and Mandarin and I may add a minor in Spanish. I have spent this summer working on the library oral history page, reading lots, doing baking exchanges with friends, learning Norwegian, and becoming a better cook. I’m super excited to start this job!
Hi! I’m Hannah (she/her) and I transferred to the University of Puget Sound last year. I am double majoring in Sociology & Anthropology and Japanese. I love anime, manga, and Japanese fashion. Some other hobbies I enjoy are drawing, travelling, baking, and reading! I’m originally from California, but I recently moved to Arizona. I worked in the library administration office last year and loved it, and I am very excited to work as a peer research advisor this year!