Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Resources: Comparative Politics
Recommended Starting Points: Subject Encyclopedias
Subject Encyclopedias are scholarly works written by experts on a variety of topics. The articles are typically longer and more detailed than general encyclopedias. The background information provides a good starting point as you begin the research process. Subject encyclopedias can help guide you with:
- Understanding the scope of a topic
- Suggesting ideas for narrowing a topic
- Identifying key concepts, terms, dates and names
- Listing subject areas related to a topic
- Recommending sources for further exploration
Sage provides online Encyclopedias, Handbooks and Dictionaries that cover topics in the Social Sciences.
Sage Knowledge Online
Social Sciences Liaison Librarian